Login to Complete A Nomination or to Access Judging Panel
Honoring Silicon Valley's Executive Women
Thursday, May 11, 2017, Fairmont Hotel, San Jose
About the YWCA Silicon Valley Tribute to Women Awards
Since 1984, the YWCA Silicon Valley Tribute to Women Awards has honored women in executive level positions and the companies who employ them. The event showcases up to 50 women in Silicon Valley who exemplify and reflect the innovation, creativity and excellence that the Silicon Valley is are known for. A maximum of FOUR Honorees may be selected per company AND each must be from a different business unit or division.
About the Emerging Leader Awards
The Emerging leader Award is for women who have the "potential" to meet the qualifications of the Tribute to Women Awards. The intent of this award is to recongnize and encourage women who are within the first 5 years of their current careers but who show strong evidence of leadership and executive potential. The program showcases a maximum of 5 women who best meet the outlined criteria. Limited to ONE Emerging Leader Honoree per company.
Selection Process and Timeline
- Leading Silicon Valley companies submit an online nomination for either the Tribute to Women Awards or the Emerging Leader Awards by December 9, 2016 with $3,000 Honoree fee; January 20, 2017 with $3,500 Honoree fee.
- An esteemed panel of former YWCA Tribute to Women Honorees reviews all nominations and recommends the 2017 Honorees in December 2016 - January 2017. Company and nominee names are not disclosed to the panel for true "blind" judging.
- Nominators will be informed about their nominees being selected as Honorees and public announcement of the final Honorees selected will be made at a Reception for Nominators and Honorees on Mar 8, 2017.
- The Honorees, along with their employer, will be honored at the awards ceremony and fundraising dinner on May 11, 2017, at the San Jose Fairmont Hotel in downtown San Jose.
Companies whose Nominee/s are confirmed as an Honoree are required to pay an Honoree fee which includes a table for 10 at the awards dinner. The Honoree fee recognizes the company’s investment in the YWCA Silicon Valley's mission of empowering women and the alignment with their company’s vision and priority. Many companies extend their level of investment by becoming an event sponsor. Information regarding sponsorship opportunities will be sent to companies following notification of Honoree selection.
Selected Honoree Responsibilities
All Honorees are expected to commit to the following:
- Attend an Honoree-only luncheon held in April
- Submit a digital photo for the event program and awards plaque (requirements to follow)
- Provide a quote (topic to be assigned) to be printed in the event program
- Participate in a scheduled videotaping session which will be broadcast at the Awards Dinner in lieu of acceptance speeches
- Attend Awards Dinner in May at the Fairmont Hotel in downtown San Jose
For any questions about the nomination process, please CLICK HERE or call Jaime Woods at 408-295-4011 ext. 265 for immediate assistance.
About YWCA Silicon Valley
The mission of the YWCA Silicon Valley is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. We continue to provide a broad range of services that transform the lives of our diverse community. Our incredible strength lies with the many staff, volunteers, donors, community members and business leaders who share our vision and passion. Please visit us at www.ywca-sv.org to learn more about our work, volunteer opportunities or to make a donation.